Friday, May 25, 2012

Spontaneous. Defined.

If a vacation falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really happen?

On a random Friday in late March (or was it early April?) I scooted off to San Diego because "I just have to get out of Tucson!!"

There's really nothing much to this spontaneous trip out of town.  I sat by the pool, shopped, slept, and met with friends.  Oh, and I skipped class....

I may've, kind of, sort of, stopped going to class (all of them except one) immediately following spring break.  Although unjustified, I decided that I wasn't benefiting from attending most of my lectures.  How many of you that are reading have experienced this?  Come to find out that I made the right judgement call (for my own insanity) because I walked out of this semester with a 3.42 GPA. **dusts shoulders off**

Anywho, the quick getaway was just that, a mucho needed get-out-of-town-trip.  I've found that I acquire cabin fever much more quickly now than I did before the Euro Trip of 2011.  If I'm not traveling somewhere then I'm surely searching online for somewhere to explore! It's annoying really, when long term budgeting is required with short-sighted expendable income.

Here's to being a graduate student!

xxox

No comments:

Post a Comment